Alabama Auto Insurance
We are a low-price leader for car insurance in Alabama because we make Alabama insurance agents compete for your business. We only work with reliable and trustworthy carriers. Get a quote in just a few minutes; in fact, people who use our website to get their online insurance quote report a savings several hours of time, as well as money savings. Be sure to check your rates regularly as prices change constantly.
Alabama Car Insurance Laws
All Alabama drivers must be covered by liability insurance (or an acceptable alternative) when operating a vehicle. The state enforces minimum coverage of $25,000 injury liability for one person, $50,000 for all injuries in one accident, and $25,000 property damage in one accident.
If you choose not to carry auto insurance, you must be able to prove that you have either a motor vehicle liability bond or deposit of cash in the amount of $50,000.
Drivers must carry proof of insurance with them while driving. If the Alabama Department of Revenue discovers that a vehicle is not covered under insurance, that vehicle tag registration will be suspended until proof of insurance is supplied and a reinstatement fee of $100 is paid.
For subsequent offenses, the owner must serve a four-month suspension, pay a $200 reinstatement fee, and provide proof of current insurance. Proof of Insurance Alabama law accepts a variety of methods for proving insurance. They are:
- The permanent or temporary card issued by your insurance company.
- Your premium receipt or binder issued by your insurance agent.
- The actual policy, or the current declarations page of your policy, for your vehicle.
- Proof of purchase of the vehicle within the past 60 days and a valid insurance card from your previous vehicle.
- If you are renting a car, the copy of the rental agreement that specifies the insurance coverage.
Alabama State average auto insurance premium.
- Average auto liability insurance premium - $319.76
- Average auto collision insurance premium - $278.56
- Average auto comprehensive insurance premium - $119.84
- Average auto combined insurance premium - $718.16
Minimum car insurance requirements in Alabama:
- Liability minimum for each individual injured party per accident: $20,000
- Total liability minimum for all injured parties per accident: $40,000
- Total property damage minimum per accident: $10,000
- Medical Payments (PIP) required? No
- No-fault state? No
- Uninsured motorist required? No
- Alternatives to motor vehicle liability insurance - Motor vehicle liability bond ($50,000)
You have a right and responsibility to take care of yourself, your property, and we are delivering the best auto insurance rates in Alabama to help you to afford the insurance coverage that you need.
Our low Alabama insurance rates will help all drivers get better rates, whether you have a perfect driving record, or a far-from-perfect one. Spending just 4 minutes on this website filling out our quote request form can save you hundreds of dollars every year. That can amount to thousands after a few years.
All the residents of the Heart of Dixie know that there is only one place on the web that you need to go to get cheap auto insurance rates, and that’s CarsNet.com
At CarsNet.com, we can provide the cheapest insurance rates across all 50 states. If you need a quote from another state, just enter your zip code in the form above, and will get you your quotes within minutes.